Senior Cost Engineer
Construction Estimator Information
Objective of the role
To support the business to manage cost on its projects to achieve budgeted bottom line results
Essential Job Duties:
The Senior Cost Engineer duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor project budgets.
• Drive the implement of a cost management tools and software on existing and new projects.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
• Analyze bid award and change order values against current budget on projects and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• To effectively perform the essential functions of the job, candidates must meet the following position specifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
• Full professional society member in related field
• 5 to 10-years cost engineering experience with minimum, 3 to 5-years in direct involvement with an active construction project within a contractor organization.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale construction projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and costing, and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management level personnel.
• Strong financial and commercial awareness
• Thorough familiarity and proficiency with MS Office Suite software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to work with others.
• Self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical