Construction Manager Information
Creating baseline and progress schedules for various stages of the project, gives technical and practical input on all project schedules and prepares and analyzes updates.
• Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning and developing construction schedules.
• Work with Project Executives to prepare proposal and preconstruction schedules.
• Use historical production data to develop activity durations and validate construction progress.
• Monitor and analyze progress on detailed construction schedules.
• Update, analyze, and report status weekly at each project site.
• Reconcile discrepancies from actual vs. planned progress and facilitate an action plan with the project team.
• Provide visual schedules as needed using Microsoft Project and or Primavera
• Provide linear schedules as needed to view production sequences.
• Analyze repetitive workflows to ensure realistic achievable cycle times
• Prepare concise monthly schedule narratives.
• Provide monthly metrics and Key Performance Indicators for executive reports.
• Work closely with cost engineers analyzing Planned vs. Earned Value
• Leading the development of a detailed project schedule along with the project teams input
• Collecting progress, updating and reporting projects status
• Performing impact analysis for potential delays and changes
• Developing and maintaining "as built" construction schedules
• Working closely with the project management team in setting project goals and understanding the status of the project
• Understanding schedules to determine duration and logic issues
• Traveling may be necessary depending on the project needs and location
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred
• 10 to 15 years experience working on scheduling of various construction projects
• A recognized project management certification preferred
• Knowledge of critical path method of scheduling
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Minimum of 3 years experience using Primavera scheduling software and Microsoft Project
• Ability to conduct constructability reviews for varying construction method/techniques during design or construction