Automotive Service Advisor
Customer Services Advisor Information
Our client, a professional vehicle maintenance and repair service company is looking to hire an experienced service advisor to help deliver top notch service with their our rapidly growing customer base.
The successful candidate’s core responsibility is to sell company’s automotive products and services and also manage and supervise Lube bay and workshop staff. It will require a self-motivated and team-oriented individual who has excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Set, confirm and prepare for appointments with customers so they can have a great service experience.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner when they arrive.
- Determine vehicle needs based on customer information and a vehicle walk-around, inspections and test drives.
- Use a consultative selling process to assist customers in planning for ongoing required maintenance of their vehicle
- Confer with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare job cards for needed repairs.
- Produce repair orders for customers, including cost and time estimates, with full transparency.
- Follow up with customers on the status of their vehicle, based on how the customer wants to be informed.
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Perform general Vehicle inspection.
Inspect tire tread, pressure and tire wear.
Check voltage, secure battery tie-downs and conduct a charge/discharge load test.
Check the brake fluid and evaluate wear on the drum, brake pads and rotors.
- Steering and Suspension
Examine the power steering belt, power steering fluid level, power steering pump and check for fluid leaks.
Complete exterior inspection.
- Safety Lights
Inspect headlights, brake lights, hazard lights and turn signals.
- Windshield Wipers
Examine the windshield and wiper blades.
Engine inspection for leaks, damage and maintenance check will be completed.
- Fluid Levels
Check the oil levels, coolant levels and washer fluid levels.
Inspect the belt operations.
Check hoses for leaks and other issues.
- Exhaust System
Examine the exhaust manifold, catalytic converter, tailpipes and muffler for damage, cracks and leaks.
- Perform/Repair/Change Vehicle:
- Alignment and Balancing
- Air Conditioning works
- Oil filter
- Spark plugs
- Cabin filter
- Brake pads
- Communicate job status with supervisor and communicate job is completed reports.
- Conduct business professionally. Maintain self-control and integrity in stressful situations. Maintain a professional image.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Sell batteries, filters and all company automotive products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.