Education Administrator Information
A new school at Oyibi is looking for a Principal.
Preparation of reports and record keeping
- Responsible for keeping school files, confidential documents, logbooks and all other documents needed for school administration
- Enforce the timely and accurate preparation of lesson notes, scheme of work and terminal reports
- Vert lesson notes: prepare situation reports as well as other reports requested by Management
- Plan and organize terminal assessment for all classes
- Maintain a safe record of register of attendance and cumulative records of pupils
- Ensure that activities, programs and other information are communicated to all stakeholders
- Design and implement an up-to-date register of admission of pupils.
- Organize work schedules for administrative staff
- Supervise, control and coordinate the work of teachers and non-teaching staff
- Control and ensure the smooth running of office equipment such as photocopy machines, computers and telephones.
- Initiate and ensure staff training, Development and Appraisal are carried out timely.
- Arrange for teachers to attend in-service training courses organized by Ghana Education Service (GES)
- Organize School-based insets for teachers
- Make recommendation on promotion of staff
- Maintain a good stock of instructional materials for teaching
- Ensure all school processes are documented, such as administration process, incident reporting procedure etc.
- Administration of programmes and projects
- Draw time table and term calendar for the school
- Circulate information on school events to management, parents and other stakeholders
- Periodically arrange for Open Days, Speech Days and school anniversary celebrations
- Institute, monitor and evaluate mechanisms that would improve teaching and learning
- Plan and organize Parent Teacher Association meetings on regular basis
- Plan for both short- and long-term needs of the school, in terms of logistics, infrastructure, staff requirements etc.
- Document, implement policies and review them periodically
Publicity and Marketing
- Update website and other e-marketing communications
- Update the School’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and other social media handles
- Provide ideas and input into the development of new marketing materials and produce marketing materials (brochures, posters, flyers etc) for the School’s programmes,
Staff recruitment and admissions
- Conduct orientation programs for new staff
- Design and implement an effective system of admitting pupils into the school
- Design, develop and implement in-house training programmes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Monitor and assess the progress of new staff and pupils to ensure smooth integration and excellent performance in the school.
- Ensure proper classification of teachers at the beginning of every year and insist on proper use of instructional periods.
- Advice on the procurement needs of the school
- Monitor the utilization of logistics
- Develop and implement strategies that would lead to proper accountability of school funds.
- Ensure the Security, Health and Safety of Pupils and Teachers and the entire school community
- Advise management on security matters relating to the school and its assets
- Advise parents and management on safety standards and health needs and ensure standards are adhered to.
"This job description is a guideline of key performance areas, but does not limit your activities to the content herein. Your role is to continuously add value to our School and carry out any reasonable instructions from management, thus ensuring that you meet and exceed the school’ objectives."
Please note candidate must be living within oyibi and it environs.