Senior Laboratory Technician
Education Coordinator Information
Senior Laboratory Technician (Electrical / Mechanical Engineering)
A Reputable Private University in Accra invites applications from qualified, results-driven and competent candidates urgently to join us.
- Support Mechanical Engineering Faculty and Students in Lab
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including bonding, staking, torqueing and critical moves
- Work to detailed drawings in a clean room environment, interfacing with personnel from different disciplines
- Handle precision equipment, tolerances as specified in Lab Manuals
- Handle sophisticated measuring equipment such as TDS, temperature, pressure, vibrations, Generate and maintain the calibration reports
- Generate workflow and test scheduling purpose
- Maintain required logs, records and reports in accordance with Pentair policies and government regulations
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings and specifications and procedures
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures
- Make suggestions relating to the machining, fabrication, and assembly to perform the most intricate machining and assemblies.
- Interact appropriately with others in other to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Perform functions in various work centers including regular cleaning, oiling, and keep adequate stocks of consumable.
- Always use personal protective equipment as per EHS standard and maintain an EHS standard in lab.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Develop and maintain record keeping of equipment, fixtures etc.
- Travel to, and support, complex field operations for flight hardware from delivery, launch, and post launch operations.
Degree, Masters or PhD with relevant work experience of 3-5 years for Lab Techs
Applications should be accompanied by copies of certificates,testimonials, curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of the three (3) referees
Submit applications with job title as subject
Closing Date: January 31, 2021.
Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
Note only qualified candidates with relevant work experience in same field should apply.