Clinical Facilities Coordinator
Education Coordinator Information
The post holder shall act as a liaison between faculty, students, and clinical sites. He/ She shall coordinate the implementation of all Clinical Sciences Courses and examinations so as to ensure the smooth and successful academic teaching and assessment of all the courses. He/ She shall develop and arrange for Clinical placement for students throughout the respective regions and surrounding areas and other matters as assigned in support of the mission of the school.
• Creating and updating the teaching timetable for the courses, including getting teaching faculty to fill teaching slots on the timetable in collaboration with the Heads of Disciplines
• Distributing approved timetables to the students in a timely fashion before the start of their rotations
• Ensuring the appropriate Log books and CRABS are made available for students at the start of each rotation. • Reminding faculty of their teaching periods and finding alternative teaching staff whenever any gap is envisaged • Liaise with the Clinical Coordinators of the various Healthcare Facilities to ensure the smooth and successful Clinical Rotations of students visiting such facilities
• Periodically visiting the students at the clinical sites to ensure the rotations are progressing smoothly • Time tabling for Clinical and Community health examinations, coordinating with teaching facilities and field hospitals to provide cases for examinations
• Request for Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) questions and answer keys from Faculty members.
• Forward OSCE examination questions for moderation by the discipline units and External Assessors and /or Examiners and to send moderated papers to the Vice President (ASA).
• Ensure that final questions are printed and sealed by the day of exams.
• In collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator(s) arrange all logistics to support the conduction of clinical examinations in the health care facilities. • Scheduling for Community Health Care trips and District rotations for students • Making logistical arrangements for students’ District rotations, including transportation, accommodation, feeding, etc.
• Any other activities that will ensure the implementation of the Clinical Courses offered by the Institution.
• Must be highly motivated
• Must have excellent presentation skills
• Must have excellent research skills
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision • Must have strong verbal and written communication skills • Must have strong organizational, administrative and planning skills • Must be an innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills • Must pay meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task • Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have integrity and be committed to excellence
Location: Adjringanor primarily
Mode of application Interested applicants should fill out the Application Form and attach copies of all documents (application letter, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates and a 100-150-word personal statement.) and three references (two of which should be work-related, one being an immediate supervisor).
Kindly note that ACM does not accept hard copies of applications.
All Applications must be submitted to the ACM application portal found on the ACM website: https://acm.edu.gh/staff-application-form Applications not submitted on the ACM portal will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted.