Dean / Associate Dean For Faculty Of Business Administration
Education Specialist Information
A Reputable University College is looking to recruit an experienced and competent person for the position of Dean / Associate Dean for Faculty of Business Administration & Communication Arts and Community Affairs. Reporting to the President and part of the Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will provide the Faculty with academic leadership, to encourage excellence in teaching and research, to represent the Faculty to the University, to promote the development of the Faculty and of its staff and to manage its activities through the most effective and cost-efficient use of its resources, within the framework of the University’s Strategic Plan and policies.
S/he must have proven leadership skills and a passion for excellence. A strong sense of ethics and concern for the well-being of students is vital to succeed in this position.
The Dean / Associate Dean for Faculty of Business Administration & Communication Arts and Community Affairs is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, healthy, and supportive environment and culture that synthesizes the intellectual, physical, social, emotional development of our faculty staff in a holistic way.
- Recruiting and selecting staff within policy guidelines
- Career development in accordance with institutional and Faculty policies and procedures.
- Supporting Heads of Departments in the Faculty and holding them accountable for the proper discharge of their departmental responsibilities.
- Acting as an advocate for the Faculty and ensuring its views are represented to officers and committees in the University.
- Promoting the Faculty externally.
- Chairing the Faculty Policy and Resources Committee and such other committees as the
Faculty deems appropriate and are contained in the Constitution of the Faculty.
- Facilitating Faculty-level enterprise activities, including development of commercial opportunities to develop both research programmes and exploitation of intellectual property as well as externally funded projects in conjunction with the Academic Committee.
Qualifications & Skills
Ph.D degree in Higher Education Administration, Psychology, Sociology or related field with at least five (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in a student-focused academic or administrative environment;
Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment and strong collaborative skills for team work and consensus building; etc
Applicants may submit applications to email@example.com with job title as subject
Closing Date: 30 November, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.