Quality Health, Safety & Environment Officer
Electrical Engineer Information
1 - 3 Years
GH¢1,000.00 - GH¢2,000.00
Should be familiar with ISO 9001, OSHAS 18001 & ISO 14001
- Supervise and ensure the achievement of the Quality Health Safety & Environment objective of the company.
- Ensure that OHS management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with OHS specifications.
- Propose OHS policies.
- Help promote OHS awareness.
- Conduct safety induction programs for subcontractors and in house teams
- Orientation for all new employees on safe working methods and OHS procedures related to their work.
- Identify sectional OHS training needs and ensures the appropriate development and implementation of appropriate trainings to meet these needs.
- Monitor the flow of work to see if the teams are abiding by the safe working methods (use of PPE, following procedure).
- Suggest corrective and preventive actions in case of incident and shares it with the committee
- Report and investigates incidents, injuries and hazards and implements agreed control measures.
- Encourage the prompt reporting of hazards & risks.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the OHS field including legislation, regulations, guidelines & best practices.
- Strictly adhere to the established control measures.
- Strictly adhere to the established safe working method.
- Conduct JRA (job risk assessment) onsite and at the office.
- Review the filled JRA.
- Review the JRA activities and updates it if applicable.
- Review the inspections onsite.
- Inspect the office for any hazard and risk.
- Grants work permit to subcontractors & in house team to accomplish their activities onsite..
- Conducts mock drills and documents the results.
Sets OHS objectives and Monitors its ac