Packet Core Engineer
Electrical Engineer Information
Responsible for coordinating network system and engineering activities towards ensuring that organisations managed services vendor enhances the network quality across all technologies. This includes network performance monitoring, statistical reporting, data collection for network improvement, creation and customization of optimisation report, participate in network performance improvement projects, benchmark report analysis.
- Coordinate the implementation of an optimal and cost-effective Data Network for organisation, ensuring Mobile and fixed Data projects match the commercial requirements
- Analyse and provide reports on capacity and bandwidth usage, user application/experience and critical upgrades on the Mobile and Fixed Data Network.
- Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Provide inputs into the Mobile and fixed Data Network planning process to achieve the set quality and key performance indicators (KPIs) targets.
- Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on the Mobile and Fixed Data Network, through Work order releases and the necessary approval requests.
- Maintain standards for Mobile and Fixed Data Network access control and auditing, providing optimization and cost-effective input to the Data Network design.
- Responsible for constant tracking, monitoring and resolution of faults on the Mobile and Fixed Data Network.
- Responsible for implementation of change requests and planned work.
- Understand the telecommunication industry trends, developments and their impact on the organisations current and future business.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports, providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile and Data projects.
- Ensure value is created from Customer engagement, Planning & Operational engagement process.
- Support relevant units to develop the required contractual documents for Mobile and Fixed Data Network projects, ensuring projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed plan and strategy.
- A minimum of BSC Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering
- Professional certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the Telecom industry
- Experience in IP MPBN Networks design; Data network Protocols.
- Experience in Routing and Switching in the fixed and mobile network environments (FBB, IMS, 2/3/4G) preferably in a high-level support role in the Core Network.
- Experience in support of a multi-vendor Mobile Data Network and Enterprise environment, experience in virtual systems planning and design will be an added advantage.
- Experience in WAP Gateways (MSP), DNSes, Radius (AAA), PCRF (SAPC), HSS Service Nodes.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux Systems.
- Exposure to Evolved Packet Core/Switched will be an added advantage
- Advanced MPBN Training
- Advanced GGSN/SGSN Training
- Advanced UNIX Training
- Mobile/Fixed Data Network Vendor-related Courses ( SAPC, PCrF, MSP, Radius, AAA)
- Mobile data network planning
- Fixed broadband system network deployment
- Good knowledge in network system technologies: SGSN/MME, GGSN/EPG/PGW/SGW, DPI/SACC, Standards and Technologies Network Planning & Network quality management
- Good knowledge in Data networks architecture, topology, traffic routing, protocols and Interfaces.
- Adequate knowledge in Vendor management in a managed service
- Skill in interpreting Packet Core performance
- Analytical skills
- Strong numeric ability
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills