Project Manager (Network Performance Monitoring & Drive Test)
Electrical Engineer Information
A Telecommunication Service provider is searching for a proactive Project Manager to support their Network Performance Monitoring and Drive Test project.
The successfuly candidate will be responsible for the quality control work and manage all drive test and network performance related projects of the company.
- Determine the project quality standards together with Contractor's project quality team.
- Develop the project quality control plans of the company's project, and conduct relevant quality training on the personnel for project implementation (supervision and engineering teams).
- Gain a thorough understanding of Contractors, Business needs and strategic direction by consulting with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate plans for the project (NPM & DT) and delivered in line with the business requirements and needs.
- Ensure the 100% self-check of Quality Inspection Points, keep the completed inspection records, and provide the inspection reports according to Contractor's requirements.
- Attend the project quality meetings organized by Contractor, understand Contractor's requirements on the engineering quality, and ensure that the engineering teams implement the requirements.
- Regularly summarize the company's quality performance, collect statistics on the quality problems and analyse the root causes of quality problems, develop rectification plans, and provide the Project Quality Briefing.
- Provide sufficient resources for quality and quality-related work, and define the roles and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) Engineers.
- Supervise the work of all Optimisation, Network Performance and Drive Test Engineers, ensuring they provide the best quality service for Contractor.
- Ensuring the company meet all SLAs
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective delivery of the Managed service team per the agreed KPIs in the project contract
- Meeting MTTR and project timelines
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- A Professional Certificate will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 8-10 years working experience, 4 of which should have been in a Managerial/ Supervisory position.
- Experience in providing Technical Guidance to Team members and other co workers.
- Network operations experience while supporting large-scale network infrastructure.
- Proficient in at least one of the network domains: IP network, optical network or CDN/Edge network, including topology, protocol, hardware and architectures.
- Experienced in 2g, 3g and 4g Networks optimisation, drive testing
- Experience in the Network Performance tools
- Knowledge in Data driven analysis
- Have command over the methods for evaluating 2/3G networks and providing solutions to resource capacity problems.
- Able to understand business requirements and ensure they are translated into delivery plans.
- Solid understanding of network design principles and techniques
- Experience with drive test and benchmarking equipment, processes, and interpreting results
- Strong RF and antenna theory, and understanding as well as radio propagation
- Excellent Communication Skills (Oral and written)
- Good Presentation skills
- IT Oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a Team Player
- Analytically inclined
- Numerical skills
- Leadership and Supervisory skills
- Administrative and HR Skills
- Good Organisational skills