Engineering Architect Information
The Architect will be responsible for all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction of works to high standards. To do this he / she will use the design brief to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals and then develop the architecture in line with client’s needs, building’s usage, standards and environmental considerations.
The Architect must use their specialist construction knowledge and high level modelling skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Design and Engineering Manager to continue the development and advancement of design and engineering manuals, procedures, protocols and methods.
- Control/lead the project team from start to finish to ensure a high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Develop briefs to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental considerations.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific industry standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations as well as company standards.
- Produce detailed blueprints / drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design software (CAD).
- Compile project specifications.
- Work to keep within budgets and timelines.
- Carry out site visits to check on project status and report on project.
- Work with, co-operate and liaise with all construction professionals both in-house and clients’ representatives such as Building Service Engineers, Construction Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Structural and Design Engineers.
- Work around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, local government authorities, environmental impact and project budgets.
- Perform other assignments that are architectural in nature and any other tasks assigned by superiors
Skills and Abilities
- A keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to see the bigger picture of a project.
- Practical experience in designing steel buildings and other steel structures.
- High levels of creativity and imagination.
- A keen interest in the building environment and the dedication to see projects through to their conclusion.
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure.
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) especially in Autodesk Revit.
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving and mathematical ability.
- Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle between multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals.
- Awareness of the specific environmental and social impact of projects.
- Proficiency in driving and have a drivers’ license with a minimum of 10years experience.