Food Beverage Jobs Information
A reputable international school is seeking to employ Chefs/ Matrons skilled at preparing both local and continental dishes for its canteen.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure ingredients and final products are alaways fresh.
2. Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
3. Bake, grill, steam and cook meats, vegetables, fish, poultry .
4. Present, garnish and arrange final dishes and serve food.
5. Ensure proper food handling, sanitation and follow food storage procedures.
6. Produce food and control quality of all food items prepared in the kitchen stations . meats, fish, vegetables, bread products, sauces, stocks, seasoning.
7. Prepares mise en place and assists with food presentation .
8. Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
9. Determine food and supply needs based on rotating menus.
10. Inspect food products and supplies as needed.
11. Ensure work environment and stations are clean and sanitised.
12. Check food before it is served to customers.
13. Control and minimize food waste.
14. Comply with all outlined safety regulations and procedures.
15. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, and also Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently.