Internal Auditor - Banking Industry
Forensic Accountant Information
Uniemploy International Company Limited
5 - 10 Years
Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance or Accounting preferred).
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN INTERNAL AUDITOR-BANKING INDUSTRY
- Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the bank. Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Coordinate the department’s activities with the independent CPA and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Assist Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
- Meet with Audit Committee to annually to discuss and approve the department’s scope and schedule for the coming year and periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary
- Review bank practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of bank records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Investigate, as requested by senior management or the bank’s security officer, fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the bank. Work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department and with the approval of the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance or Accounting preferred).
- Designation as a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Bank Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Public Accountant, etc. is preferred.
- Minimum of five years internal auditing at a bank.
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures and practices in the areas assigned; with sufficient knowledge of laws and regulations governing banks.
- Strong knowledge in specific area(s) such as compliance, Information Systems Technology, Financial/Accounting, Operations, etc.
- Strong knowledge of information systems technology.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.