Forensic Accountant Information
The jobholder is to advise entities on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company as well as supervise their risk departments that identify and assess threats, put plans in place for if things go wrong and decide how to avoid, reduce or transfer risk.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization;
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by Company such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to entity heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Champion the development and implementation of Company’s risk appetite, limits and tolerance levels.
- Develop Company’s risk identification and annual assessment plan, and facilitate the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, and control of the level of risks in Company.
- Ensure adequate monitoring and reporting of significant deficiencies and material weaknesses in internal control and ensure that appropriate remedial actions are taken.
- Conducts special reviews & investigations and ensure that internal controls are developed and implemented by companies
- Develop a dashboard for tracking risk compliance and implementation of the organizational effectiveness and audit recommendations for Area Programs and the Head Office.
- Collaborate with GN HR to conduct organization-wide training and awareness sessions on internal control and risk issues.
- Establish and maintain risk awareness culture within Company, and provide appropriate opportunities for organizational learning, including lessons learned from previous problems, on-going communication, training and development
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to assign and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.