Executive Chef- A 3 Star Hotel In Elmina
Head Chef Information
5 - 10 Years
Food and Beverage Jobs
▪ A first degree from a culinary institution Experience: ▪ Minimum of 12 years’ experience Skills and Abilities: ▪ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume ▪ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations ▪ Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees. ▪ Good managerial skills ▪ High tolerance for frustrated customers ▪ Must be customer-oriented ▪ Must be able to meet deadlines ▪ Must be a good problem –solver ▪ Must be able to work under pressure
The job holder is responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants and banquet functions.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Hotel.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of sous-chef, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices. Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Liaise with GN HR to ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B Manager, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.