Chef - Local And Intercontinental
Head Chef Information
3 - 5 Years
Other Professional Qualification
• Culinary school diploma preferred Key Competencies/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: • Creativity • Imagination • Knowledge of the kitchen( ie knife and tasting skills) • Proven experience of a Chef • Leadership skills • Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks • Excellent time management abilities • Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes • Familiarity with sanitation regulations
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus, in consultation with the catering manager and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- To ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Check freshness of food and discard unwholesome items
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Any other related duty assigned from time to time.
Adomi Link, Airport Residential.