Executive Head Chef
Head Chef Information
The successful applicant shall be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the kitchen. He / She is expected to monitor the quality of the food, follow all food safety regulations and coordinate kitchen activities. The role reports to the Restaurant Manager.
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities.
- Design new recipes, plan menus, and select plate presentations.
- Review staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Coordinate the safe and timely distribution of food to the various service points.
- Perform administrative tasks, take stock of food and equipment supplies and prepare purchase order food lists.
- Assist in the hiring and training of kitchen staff.
- Set and monitor performance standards for staff.
- Implement all relevant food hygiene and safety requirements.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent team player
- Must have high level of integrity and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail