Assistant Laundry Manager
House Keeping Information
3 - 5 Years
Other Professional Qualification
Equivalent of Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Hotel Management 3 to 5 years experience in a laundry management position preferably in a four- or five-star hotel
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the laundry, dry cleaning to ensure optimum quality as per hotel standards. Uphold current hotel policies and procedures and assist in developing standard operating procedures, as well as production and quality standards.
- Assist in scheduling working time, optimizing different work processes to ensure the maximum level of staff performance is reached.
- Check all types of equipment constantly to ensure that machines are kept clean, properly maintained and inefficient working conditions to aid on the energy-saving drive. Maintain follow up files of maintenance requests, and make sure machines do not fall into disrepair.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping and F&B departments to ensure an adequate supply of linens and uniforms at all times.
- In conjunction with the Laundry Manager, identify the training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of the Laundry Manager, conduct the training and follow up to ensure training needs have been addressed.
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants, and in the management of Laundry Staff’s performance which includes appraising, coaching and discipline.
- Check and eliminate work and health hazards to personnel, check on safety and fire hazards, supervises cleanliness of laundry and dry cleaning areas.
- Accomplish administrative duties related to the position such as producing figures for the monthly production report, attending meetings, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Close to the National Theatre