HR Officer Needed
Human Resource Manager Information
Human Resource Manager
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
REQUIREMENTS • Should possess an HND or Degree in Human Resource Management or similar. • Should have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an HR Professional or similar role. Experience in the transport industry is an added advantage. COMPETENCIES • Should be attentive to details, collaborative and driven to deliver. • Should be analytical and be an effective communicator. • Should be a fast learner and easily adaptable to new and changing environment. • Should be a relationship builder and personally credible. • Should be abreast with the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- HRM POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Assist in handling Human Resource issues such as training and development, recruitment, maintenance of records, salaries and benefits, welfare, health and safety, industrial relations.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of training, personnel and welfare policies and procedures at all levels, to ensure consistency and uniformity.
- Develop and implement effective system for the maintenance of personnel and training records and data.
- Assist in undertaking regular review of performance appraisal and salary/ compensation/ benefit systems and procedures and submit proposal for improving efficiency and effectiveness in these areas.
- Assist in determining the resource needs of the Human Resource Department and prepare annual budget for the department.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures for the maintenance of safety and hygiene standards.
b. STAFF RECRUITMENT
- Responsible for placement of advertisement in newspapers.
- Making arrangements for interview.
- Sitting on interview panels and responsible for secretarial duties during interviews
- Ensuring the completion of staff records for newly employed staff.
- Responsible for orientation of newly engaged staff.
- Assist in liaising with sectional heads and external training organizations and making recommendations to Management for training of staff.
- Responsible for staff medical claims and making recommendations for approval.
- Ensuring that the budget for staff and family Medicare is strictly adhered to.
e. STAFF LOANS
- Advising applicants of loan approvals and repayment terms.
f. STAFF WELFARE
- Making recommendations to management on staff welfare issues generally.
g. STAFF ANNUAL AND OTHER LEAVE
- Assist in the preparation of annual leave roster for staff in consultation with Sectional Heads, and ensuring its implementation.
h. LABOUR RELATIONS
- Counseling staff concerning their problems.
- Receiving complaints of staff and resolving minor ones in consultation with Sectional Head of staff concerned.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, half year and annual reports on the HRM and Admin activities.
LOCATION OF VACANCY