Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO)
Human Resource Manager Information
CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (CHRO)
CATEGORY: Human Resources
Our client, a leading manufacturing company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) to help with their operations in Ghana
The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is the C-level Executive reporting to the CEO. He/She will be responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy and policies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company, specifically in the areas of talent management(recruitment, development and retention), succession planning, change management, Organisational and performance management, training and development, legal compliance, corporate culture development and sustenance, employee communication, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the main responsibilities of the CHRO are as follows:
- Develop and implement Human resource strategies and plans to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, excellence and high expectations for all employees by developing and deploying organizational policies and structures that remove barriers and foster inclusion for all.
- Align organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Oversee/lead talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training and development, compensation and benefits programs across the business.
- Ensure that the organization develops a high-performing, results focused, mission-driven culture.
- Strategically gauge staff morale, addressing organizational issues while providing HR solutions and increasing organizational effectiveness and health, through planned interventions as need be.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Provide advice and support to executives and management on matters of culture reinforcement, goal setting, policy development and implementation, and implementation of strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive talent management program, including talent acquisition, employee training and development and retention to meet the human capital needs of the company.
- Develop and maintain performance management and appraisal programs.
- Work with executive management team and board to ensure sound and comprehensive and succession planning
- Develop and implement compensation and benefit programs, including job descriptions, classification, grading and salary structure which are competitive and cost effective
- Benchmark the competitiveness of the company’s human resources programs and practices against the relevant market and make recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Ensure benefit plan communication, enrolment and administration.
- Remain current with regards to employment laws and regulations.
- Maintain an effective program of compliance with human resource related laws and regulations and manage relationships with compliance agencies.
- Oversee Human Resource systems and employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. Ensure timely and accurate submission of data as requested.
- Work with assigned sub-committees of the board (e.g., Human Resources) to develop policies, oversee policy implementation and meet the related needs of the board.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Social Sciences or any other relevant discipline from a recognised &accredited University
- Postgraduate Degree in business, human resources or related field is a plus
- Professional Certification like CIPD, PHR and SPHR is a plus
- At least 10 years of professional Human Resource Management experience in all aspects of Human Resource Management and Employee development in an industrial environment, including experience in a multinational environment.
- Human Resource Management Experience in a manufacturing environment, in a company/companies with 300 plus employees.
- At least 3 – 5 years of Human Resource Management Experience at a senior Level.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic Human Resource Management (HR planning and policy, talent management, employee selection, compensation, benefits, training and employee development, employee relations, and performance management.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in change management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in dealing with and managing Unions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in conducting and leading successful negotiations with Unions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in managing CBAs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in developing and implementing grading structures and salary structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in driving cultural change.
- Demonstrated experience in company restructuring and employee out boarding.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Proficiency in business and human resources related computer applications/software, which may include talent management systems, time and attendance systems, etc.
- Experience in Corporate Affairs & Public Relations (Considered a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite /Related Software.
- Excellent supervisory skills and leadership capability – able to engage others around the business agenda, in strong and authentic business partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with C-suite leaders, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Results Focussed.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.