Human Resources Assistant Information
The Recruitment Officer is to coordinate the recruitment function of the HR department particularly the recruitment of Guards to ensure vacancies are filled without delay. The recruitment process must use very productive sources at minimal cost to engage good candidates.
The Officer must make use of information such as exit and turn over data and development plans to predict staffing needs. The role reports to the Head of Security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure all candidates have equal opportunity during recruitment and the process should be in line with policy.
- To maintain a very high level of awareness of staffing situation at all locations and plan ahead to fill vacancies that come up.
- To conduct exit interviews to developed data of reasons for staff exit location by location to aid HR planning
- To monitor and ensure that company policy on recruitment is applied consistently throughout the organization.
- To keep updated versions of job description and specification and manage employee information from recruit to selection.
- Ensure that all references are requested and followed, Police clearance for each staff are completed including the collection of right Guarantor information.
- To report weekly, monthly and quarterly on recruitment and training of guards
- To ensure new recruits meet all requirement including medical and physical fitness
- To ensure clear and timely information to those who need it and use the most appropriate method.
- Develop recruit targets and plans for every month in consultation with the HR manager for implementation.
- Ensure accurate letters of appointment and contracts are issued in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead training of guards, organize and coordinate all venues, logistics and administrative requirements for the training and learning.
- Be able to conduct the following enduring exercise when training starts:
- Physical Training Instructions
- Drills in full scale
- Endurance Walking and Tag of War.
- Basic Security Training
- Put trainees through the following basic and full scale lecture:
- Access and Egress Control;
- Perimeter Line of Defense
- Access and Egress Control;
- Pedestrian Access Control
- Visitors & Vehicular Access Control
- Scanned Access Control
- Electromagnetic Access Control
- Front Desk Assistant/ Telephonies
- Monitoring and Observation;
- Physical Monitoring and the Use of the Senses
- Electromagnetic Monitoring
- Customer Care and Receiving of Visitors
- Report Writing
- Radio Communication.
- Examine the candidates on what they have been taught to know who is qualified for a location or the other.
- Conduct on the job training for Guards who cannot find their rhythm on the field and also when there are new orders to be carried out.
- Must be flexible with time and respond to emergencies.