Senior Logistics Executive (Shipping / Import & Export )
Import Export Jobs Information
We are looking for an experienced Senior Logistics Executive (Shipping / Import & Export and Customs Clearance) with excellent knowledge of shipping, import & export, and Customs Clearance. He/she should be pro-active, have excellent communication skills, proficiency in spoken and written English, and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Handle entire freight forwarding and custom clearance operations of export and import shipments.
- Develop relationship with shipping lines and airlines
- Handling customers and ensure they are kept posted on the status of their shipments
- Negotiating freight rates with shipping lines, NVOCCs, Consolidators, airlines etc
- Co-ordinate with international division for nominated shipments (import and export)
- Ensure pre-alerts are sent to the international division for export shipments by air and sea.
- Ensure timely manifestation of IGM for import shipments by air and sea.
- Co-ordinate with CHAs appointed on company panel for timely custom clearance of shipments for company customers.
- Ensure shipping bills and bill of entries received from CHAs are checked and verified from the customers and accordingly communicated.
- Daily, weekly and monthly report for shipments on hand, cleared and expected, both import and export.
- Ensure timely billing to customers is done immediately after the job folder is closed.
- Communicating with customers on regular basis and meeting them personally.
- Keep up-to-date with Changes as they occur & on Import & Export Restrictions, Tariff Systems, Insurance Requirements & all other Customs related Matters.
- Training and developing team members
- Minimum of Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years experience within a freight forwarding company
- Supervisory experience required
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and excellent math skills to be able to create, review, and audit reports
- Excellent customer service skills Should be conversant with Import & Export Laws & Regulations.
- Masters and Certification will be an added advantage