It Manager Information
1 - 3 Years
* Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree from a recognised institution in the relevant field. * Candidates must have at least 1 year post school experience including national service. * The Candidate must know; Web App Development Mobile App Development Database Management Software Programming Website Development Hardware and Networking
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of the University.
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, faculty, staff and students in designated area(s) to understand and interpret client needs at a division level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Directs and coordinates the local implementation of University IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
- Reviews vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Delivers appropriate personnel actions and educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures consistent with those of the university to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Participates in development of IT Service Catalog offerings, Service Level Agreements, and Operating Level Agreements consistent with the needs of the organization.
- Participates as a member of the IT management team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Plt No. 24 Chapel Hill