IT Operations Support & Project Manager
It Project Manager Information
The IT Operations Support & Project Manager is responsible for managing a wide range of activities spanning across operational management, projects management, report writing, business development and support services within the company.
He/She is to work towards improving business operations and process efficiency within the company, and also acts as project liaisons between various internal and external departments, while ensuring that all project activities meet the quality standards and are in support of overall project goals as well as the company's business objectives. Devising management systems to improve delivery and reporting.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understanding of programming, and software development
- Provide software product training sessions internally and across country.
- Design computer training manuals for software products by identifying and describing information needs
- Maintain client relationships by regular visitation and providing management with regular updates with regards to client’s expectations.
- Ensure the full and complete testing of all developed software’s before system installation at client site
- Supervise software testing of software products across country
- Supervise the installation, testing and deployment of all software products across country
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions & troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Provide on-site and offsite project supports to all systems developed and deployed across the country
- Preparing technical reports and reviewing all reports relevant to the successful deployment of project.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity and also implement and manage operational plans.
- Provide expertise training in competent fields to internal staff as and when required.
- Respond to ad hoc activities and issues
- Outline project plans, define the deliverables, and make sure that each phase and schedule for operations project is completed within time and budget.
- Create and translate detailed RFP and RFI into functional and technical specifications.
- Manage project team to execute operations project effectively and efficiently.
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Ensure project execution within defined budget and timelines.
- Manage resource assignment, work allocation and software and hardware requirements for operations project.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with project team.
- Address questions and concerns of project team, management and clients in professional and confidential manner.
- Prepare and provide project technical reports, progress status, delays and issues to meet internal and external demands.
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Provide and ensure quality assurance and compliance to all project deliverables
- Provide business and technical support on all projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Generates new business leads under the various divisions especially focused on core expertise within the company
- Creates detailed reports with research findings and analysis to inform sales and marketing strategies
- Recommends specific marketing approaches and spending budgets to achieve the client's desired goals
- Assist in providing directives to come up with new product solutions and service offerings for the company.
- Follows up with clients to make sure that they are satisfied with service solution and product offerings
- Works with the sales and marketing department to develop new business development strategies
- Protect the company’s value by keeping all information confidential and adhering to all company policies.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.