It Support Jobs Information
Buck Press Ltd in Ofankor is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our IT team. The ideal candidate must be able to provide database administration and support and be a great team player.
In collaboration with the Project Management Team, ensure sustainable and efficient IT capability for the timely provision of information to meet managerial, administrative, and operational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate software requirements and analyse available hardware capabilities
- Design and develop components of BioRAP software
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for all network infrastructure and hardware.
- Install and configure systems such as Central Operation and Passport Personalization Centre (COP) and Passport Application Centre (PAC) across selected cities
- Configure mobile PAC – Data Capture Centre facility
- Install, operate, and maintain all third-party components of BioRAP
- Support the maintenance of BioRAP, COP, and all PACs established under BioRAP
- Provide support to any BioRAP installation’s usage as may be assigned.
- Provide database administration and support.
- Any other duty assigned by the Project Management Team
Key Performance Indicators
- Full IT support for the Ghana Passport project
- Uptime of networks and data connectivity
- Meantime between failures of the Company's IT systems and BioRAP Software
- Meantime to repair systems (hardware and software)
- Quick and satisfactory problem resolution
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Professional qualification in IT from an accredited Institution.
Work Experience and Skills
- Experience with Windows operating systems administration
- Basic computer networking knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision
- Able to troubleshoot computer hardware problems
- Experience with Linux and RDBMS will be a plus
- Experience with server applications in a Microsoft networked environment.
- Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of systems security protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Practical experience with LAN/WAN network administration.
Interested candidates should send their CV and Application Letter with the subject, “Systems Administrator” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of day 30th November 2023.