It Support Information
Under limited supervision, coordinates the administration of information technology (IT) services for the company
The IT Officer will manage area-specific technology resources and provide IT support
Facilitates area alignment with company’s strategic initiatives and IT policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of the company.
2. Serves as the lead IT liaison with all departments to understand and interpret client needs at all levels and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
3. Directs and coordinates IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
4. Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
5. Delivers appropriate personnel actions and educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
6. Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
7. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
· Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Knowledge of managing servers
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities