5 - 10 Years
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Knowledge: Minimum of a Bachelor degree in law Must have been called to the Ghana Bar Experience: • At least 2years’ experience in Corporate law. Skills and Abilities: • Excellent Computer skills. • Excellent Communication Skills • Must be detailed, concise and accurate. • Must be updated with new laws, legal issues and challenges an organization faces • Must be able to work cooperatively with senior legal staff. • Must have high energy and should take initiative. • Must be committed to perform exceptionally. • Must be able to prioritize work and be well organized
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses,submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Company.
- Prepare, file and plead cases in Commercial Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Company.
- Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation to the Company
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensationagainst the Company.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations underagreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly work reports to Management.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
- Perform duties as Company Secretary
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management asnecessary.