Lecturers (Various Fields)
5 - 10 Years
Master of Philosophy in various programmed
Role of Faculty Members
- Conducts college or university courses for undergraduate or graduate students: Teaches one or more subjects, such as economics, chemistry, law, or medicine, within prescribed curriculum.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions
- Compiles , administer and grades examination
- Directs research of students working for advance academic degrees
- Conducts research in particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals.
- Perform related duties such as advising students on academic curricula and acting as an organizer to the student body.
- Serve on faculty committee providing professional consulting services.
- Each faculty member is responsible for the quality and content of instruction in the classroom.
- The instructor should at all times strive to promote the general purposes of the University and to achieve the objectives of the College.
- Provide the highest quality classroom instruction toward the attainment of the goals of the University, the College, the Department, and the courses.
- Combine teaching and research in the faculty member's major field of interest and incorporate the latest research, knowledge, and theory in classroom instruction.
- Seek new and better devices, techniques, online technologies, procedures, and methods that may improve the teaching and learning process.
- Recognize individual needs of students and provide challenging learning opportunities for all learners.
- Recognize and provide academic, career guidance and encouragement through formal and informal conferences with students in order to supplement and improve the regular classroom instruction.
- Develop efficient and equitable procedures for the evaluation of student academic performance and assign grades that reflect the achievement and progress of students enrolled in the courses. Provide timely and appropriate feedback to students.
- Faculty members are expected to remain active in their fields of study or artistic/creative practices through research, creative output, and other professional activities as described by their Department and/or College.
- Faculty members are expected to use their expertise and professional experience to serve their departments, their colleges, the university, the community, and their professions through service activities.
- Recognize and provide academic and career guidance and encouragement through formal and informal conferences with students in order to supplement and improve the regular classroom instruction.