A reputable private tertiary institution needs the services of Lecturers in the following fields:
1) Administration (Human Resource Management, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Business Studies)
2) Oil and Gas
3) Health and safety
4) Shipping and Logistics
5) Supply Chain Management
6) Computer Science
7) Media and Journalism
8) Maritime Management
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE LECTURING JOB:
A lecturer is responsible for facilitating student learning through interactive classroom teaching that promotes student engagement and supports the student learning experience.
Lecturers are required to promote student success through initiatives that see improved student retention and throughput rates.
As a subject matter expert, a lecturer needs to keep abreast of developments in their subject area and is also required to assure the quality of the delivery of the subject content, assessment, and relevancy of the learning material such that the learning outcomes are achieved.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS FOR THE LECTURERING JOB:
Lecturing: Facilitate Student Learning through Engagement
Student support, consultation, retention & success
Assessments: setting, marking & moderation
Study material: prep, review, and upgrade
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LECTURING JOB:
- A minimum of a Degree or Professional Qualification in the Subject Area. MBA /MPhil will be preferred.
- A proven teaching portfolio that evidences student support and success.
- A minimum of 1 year’s lecturing experience is required, but 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
- Possess specialist knowledge and technical skills in the subject discipline to develop teaching programs and materials and the provision of learning support.
- Active participant in own professional academic development including awareness of requirements set out by regulatory bodies, quality councils, institutional standards, and policies.
How to apply for the LECTURER JOB:
SEND AN EMAIL TO: Stating your field of interest as the subject. eg. HR Lecturer