Documentation Supervisor Needed Immediately In Takoradi
Logistics Administrator Information
Our client is a company operation in Takoradi and needs the immediate services of a Documentation Supervisor.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for planning, vetting and processing custom documentation on import clearance and export forwarding to ensure timely and efficient service delivery to company’s Clients.
Scope of work includes; providing direction and monitoring day-to-day operational activities of the Company’s Clearing & Forwarding function to achieve strategic business objectives.
Quality, Safety, Health & Environment (QSHE)
- Participate in all Quality, Safety, Health & Environment (QSHE) programmes including audits, identification of workplace hazards and monitor to ensure compliance with applicable safety/health policies towards the attainment of zero injury work environment.
- Provide input in the development of strategy/business plan for the Operations Department and implement same in assigned areas of responsibility to achieve targeted objectives.
- Draft for review/approval Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Plan and other support systems for the Freight Forwarding & Clearing Department and implement same to ensure attainment of targeted objectives.
Budget & Financial Management
- Champion waste elimination as well as cost reduction initiatives in assigned functional areas.
- Provide support in all Internal and External audit programmes regarding operations of the company.
- Develop and/or review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Freight Forwarding & Clearing Department in consultation with Manager/Operations and monitor its implementation to achieve set objectives/targets.
- Plan, communicate and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Freight Forwarding & Clearing function and effectively coordinate allocation of resources and delegate appropriate tasks to achieve maximum efficiency and set targets.
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of information to customers including sending quotations, pricing, costing, shipping details and supply chain related documentation.
- Liaise/Work closely with the ICUMS Team and Shippers and monitor to ensure customers’ expectations are met and exceeded.
- Manage, monitor and control the forwarding/receipt of inbound and outbound cargo's documentation and promptly initiate remedial action on identified deficiencies.
- Maintain client satisfaction through cooperation with allied disciplines (entries, invoicing, customs).
- Supervise the preparation of Duty assessment (i.e. estimated fees/charges) and review for Manager’s approval before submission to clients.
- Examine all Clients’ Job File(s) and cross-check to ensure that account details/specifications have been documented in line with established guidelines/standards.
- Process E-IDF and follow up on Customs duty assessment.
- Review/Approve ICUMS documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that clearing and export documents are prepared in compliance with Customs regulations/guidelines.
- Examine and monitor the processing of the following to ensure adherence to set standards and timelines:
- Release of shipments from Shipping lines and Freight Terminals to Clients.
- Collection of Container deposits.
- Collection of interchange receipts and Container re-fund processing.
- Provide supervision for import clearance and export forwarding.
- Cross-check on daily basis to ensure that all Custom Clearance documentation(s), Clients Job Files are updated to facilitate the maintenance of effective database on Logistics operations.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with Client’s, Customs, Suppliers, etc. and other key stakeholders (internal & external) to facilitate effective business operations of the Freight Forwarding & Clearing Department/ the company.
Information & Reporting
- Develop/maintain a database of Freight Forwarding & Clearing operational activities to facilitate qualitative and quantitative analysis/reporting, effective filing and retrieval of records/data.
- Prepare daily, monthly reports as well as any other periodic report(s) related to job function.
Employee Performance & Development
- Establish and review performance targets of direct reports, coach, motivate/challenge subordinates to perform optimally and hold them accountable to ensure the Department’s goals are achieved.
- Identify training needs and provide input for career development and facilitate training/development of staff in assigned functional areas.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Manager and/or Superior(s).
Minimum of 1st Degree in Logistics or Clearing & Forwarding or related certificate/discipline plus relevant professional certification from a recognized institution.
A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience with one (1) year in a supervisor role.
Interested candidates should send CVs to: email@example.com