Logistics Manager Jobs Information
Logistics Manager Jobs
5 - 10 Years
Food and Beverage Jobs
GH¢1,000.00 - GH¢2,000.00
• Degree from a recognised University • Professional Qualification or Masters Degree • Six years’ experience in a related role • Ability to use quick books or any inventory management software • Good understanding of Freezones and warehousing operations • Working knowledge of shipment processes • Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Locate sources for materials, negotiate prices with vendors and find backup sources quickly when problems arise.
- Monitor suppliers to make sure they are keeping up with the current demand after initial contracts have been set up.
- Pay attention to shipments being received from suppliers to identify defects and update Finance to withhold payment for the defective goods or serve as a guide to terminate the supplier’s contract.
- Manage unloading and unpacking of new/received materials, check the contents against the applicable purchase order and update the company’s inventory system.
- Evaluate available packaging options to ensure efficiency and brand awareness at the lowest possible price, and also develop appropriate safety procedures.
- Support demand planning to predict future inventory needs to reduce or eliminate waste of money on excess products that cannot sell or run out of products when demand is high.
- Facilitate getting finished product out of the warehouses, by managing warehouse employees and contacting retailers to assess the supply and demand so that products are consistently stocked on store shelves.
- Communicate with vendors and employees at each step of the process, and coordinate with various parties to completion of transactions.
- Manage deployment of all vehicles and ensure a timely maintenance, licensing and insurance of all vehicles
- Coordinate with the Sales team to ensure that customer requests are attended to
- Ensure that all Sales Orders and invoices are signed by the appropriate officers before products are dispatched to customers.
- Ensure all gate passes are completed before goods leave the premises.
- Work with the Sales Team members and the Quality Assurance Officer on all returns to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work on all Form 9 requests and submit to suppliers.
- Liaise with CEPS Officials and Freight forwarders on all shipment issues.
- Ensure oversees customers receive relevant documentations on all shipments
- File all documents in hard and soft for easy access.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly logistics report.
- Develop, review and implement procurement policies