Transport Manager ( Tema )
Logistics Manager Information
3 - 5 Years
Food and Beverage Jobs
GH¢4,000.00 - GH¢5,000.00
◻ Degree in Transport and Logistics Management or any related field; ◻ 3- 5 years in an FMCG Industry Management; ◻ Strong computer skills required; ◻ Fair knowledge in interpreting tracking device reports. ◻ Fluent in English, with excellent communication skills ◻ Fleet Tracking and third-party transport management system ◻ Knowledgeable in Vehicle lifecycle management ◻ Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel ◻ Well-developed Word and Excel skills are required.
- Manage the entire transport system
- Prepare journey plans for each trip and ensure that drivers adhere to the approved routes;
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for employees within the transport department
- Maintain electronic database of vehicle insurance, roadworthy, and other permits/licenses required of all vehicles;
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling and storing, transporting products.
- Track and trace goods enroute to their destinations
- Manage fleet and drivers of the department
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system.
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and any legal formalities and documentations regarding the induction of new vehicles
- Responsible for setting up and managing goods distribution routes across the country
- Perform daily review and tracking of vehicle movements;
- Ensure that drivers have a good understanding of all licenses and permits needed to legally carry products to customer destinations;
- Oversee the maintenance, repairs or routine maintenance of the vehicles;
- Minimize downtime by negotiating strict servicing time limits by giving of priority repair schedules to workshop.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends;
- Ensure safety and maintenance checks of fleet as well as handling of accident and incident reporting.
- Ensure vehicle compliance with all state regulations;
- Any other duties assigned.