Lathe Turner Machinist - Tema
Maintenance Engineer Jobs Information
Maintenance Engineer Jobs
1 - 3 Years
Higher National Diploma
Requirements and skills 1.Proven experience as machinist 2.Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) 3.Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements 4.Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material 5.Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals 6.Good at math with analytical abilities 7.Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items 8.High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset. 9. At least two years working experience in the field. 10. Must live around or in Tema .
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output.
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping.
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job.
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
The Mint Square, Tema Comm.3