Logistics Manager Needed
3 - 5 Years
HND in Purchasing and Supply with five (5) years proven practical experience in warehousing/logistics management. A Degree in Supply Chain Management with three (3) years practical experience. MBA in Supply Chain Management with two (2) years practical experience in logistics management
A reputable company with subsidiaries in all the regions in Ghana requires for employment Logistics Manager.
- Supervise work to warehousing standards at all times and enforce safety and hygiene regulations
- Direct and coordinate activities of employees engaged in the receiving, storing, issuing of company goods.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and distribution sequences to meet demands
- Receive and count stock items and record data. Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects or discrepancies. Instigate corrective action that should be followed by relevant staff or department.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses and other areas
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances in line with HR Policy and Labour Laws.
- Work to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and complete all required documentation. Calculate key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and generate daily, weekly and monthly status on logistics activities
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet sales/shops demands.
- Keeps records on the use and /or damage of stock or stock handling equipment, reporting tear and wear or detects to Warehouse/Logistics Director
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Ensure use of appropriate PPE and materials handling equipment during operations