Health And Safety Manager Needed Urgently - Takoradi
Minimum first degree health and safety
As a health and safety manager you have a range of responsibilities. You should:
- Formulate policies and procedures. You should help implement health and safety procedures and ensure that these comply with the law.
- Conduct risk assessments. These highlight the areas of potential risk that you must reduce. If you would like to know how to conduct a thorough risk assessment, High Speed Training offer a course which you can find here.
- Train all employees in your health and safety procedures. You should also assist give proper training on the particular risks in their area of work, and how they can prevent these.
- Conduct frequent safety inspections and checks. This is especially important for things like electrical equipment and equipment used for working at height.
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). You should make all employees aware of the benefits of PPE and ensure that they receive adequate PPE. You should also frequently check PPE for wear and tear. Equipment must be effective in the event of an accident.
- Develop a correct procedure for reporting accidents. You must make all employees aware of the correct reporting procedure and ensure that they know how to properly report accidents.