Farm Manager - Ahafo Region
3 - 5 Years
GH¢3,000.00 - GH¢4,000.00
◻ A minimum of a Diploma / Bsc. In Agricultural Science ◻ 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in similar position . ◻ Commercial, farm, or organic farming and production experience is required. ◻ Well-developed Word and Excel skills are required. ◻ Must have strong experience with planning, scheduling and reporting. ◻ Must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivating. Must be honest, reliable, determined and innovative. ◻ Good communication, leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizing all sugarcane farming activities relating to land preparation, crop planting and establishment, crop management and harvesting.
- Adhering to organic and Good Agricultural Practices at all times and working in line with company goals, targets, and procedures.
- Planning all day-to-day schedules and activities and working in co-ordination with other colleagues and managers to meet the requirements of the distillery.
- Ensuring their team execute tasks effectively, meet targets and maintain high standards.
- Monitoring and managing their co-workers.
- Reporting on activities on a regular basis to the General Manager.
- Ensuring health and safety rules and regulations are followed on site at all times.
- Being responsible for, and ensuring equipment is properly used and maintained at all times.
- Interpretation of company policies and procedures to co-workers.
- Recommending, occasionally preparing, and taking part in training courses and programs for their team.