The Fleet Manager shall responsible for the selection of appropriate vehicles, maintaining them, and making sure that they are in good shape to carry out their functions. His/her major duties, tasks, and responsibilities to be performed is to be in charge of fleet are shown in the job description example below:
- Regularly report expenses and performances of the fleet to the management of the company.
- Ensure that all paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to proper persons in charge.
- Nurture client relationships and uncover opportunities for additional client support.
- Draw up a budget for the company’s fleet management department and present it to management for further analysis and approval.
- Ensure compliance of the company with government regulations that have to do with the transportation industry.
- Take preventive measure to ensure safety of vehicles and drivers too.
- Make sure vehicles are always ready and available to meet orders by scheduling and monitoring current trends in the industry, so as to enable forecasts.
- Make sure that all vehicles are properly registered; carry out inspection on regular basis.
- Responsible for helping to ensure that all passengers and goods reach their destinations safely.
- Take part in different workshops and/or programs to keep up with new trend in the industry.
- Monitor fuel purchases by administering fuel cards for all vehicles to their respective drivers. This is done in order to regulate costs/expenses.