Factory Manager Needed Urgently!
A multi national company is seeking to employ an expatriate to work as a Factory Manager who will be responsible for overseeing factory activities particularly the Production, Quality Control, Administration, and Logistics activities for the Company including ensuring a productive work culture and environment where targets are set and met at expected levels of efficiency and quality.
NB: Minimum of 10 years working experience in dealing and handling coconuts
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee and manage the day to day operational activities for the Production, Quality Control,
- Administration and Logistics departments at the facility.
- Provide communication and reporting to the Managing Director on operational activities and immediately communicate any urgent matters requiring swift decision making and response.
- Develop and oversee a reporting system across the operational departments to ensure all operational activities provide daily, weekly and monthly summary reports of relevant activities and key performance indicators.
- Act as a decision maker for tactical operational purposes and ensures smooth operations across the three mentioned departments.
- Recommend personnel changes to the MD which are necessary for the Company to grow and meet expected targets and quality standards, and has the authority to make personnel changes in the Production, Quality Control and Logistics departments.
- Work closely with the MD in implementing the Company’s operational strategy.
- Ensures targets are established across sourcing and production and that department managers meet or exceed the targets.
- Provide recommendation on how factory operations can be improved and takes a leading role in implementing these recommendations once approved by the MD.
- Support the development of a sourcing infrastructure that includes a network of contracted suppliers (farmers), satellite collection centres, supplier certification (as required), a buying team capable of sourcing a stable supply of raw materials, quality control measures ensuring raw materials adhere to established quality standards, and a logistics strategy which secures and transports raw materials from suppliers to collection centres and/or the Company factory in a safe, reliable and cost effective manner.
- In coordination with the sales team, headed by the Commercial Director, develops production.
- schedules and ensures these schedules are met and furthermore that a consistent availability of finished goods is available to ensure limited impact of seasonality or other production related constraints.
- Oversee the quality control department at the factory, ensuring that raw materials are received at an acceptable standard and are the converted into finished goods which meet set quality targets.
- Consistently analyse organizational systems and processes and provides recommendations for their improvement, including recommendations on more efficient production processes and equipment which can be procured to realize higher efficiencies, quality standards and production output.
- Identify and recommend training opportunities in areas such as health and safety, production, quality control and other relevant topics which will support Company growth, capabilities and promote a better work environment and higher organizational standards.
- Coordinate activities across the operations to streamline communication and facilitate coordination.
- Work closely with the MD in developing strategy for the Company to position itself for future growth and higher profitability.
- Any other duty that might be assigned by Management from time to time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Business Administration/ related field.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in dealing and handling coconuts
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Must be willing to travel and work outside Ghana.
- Must have a valid passport and drivers license.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise in handling coconut.
- Proven managerial experience.