General Manager- Credit And Operations For A Bank In Liberia
More than 10 years
Masters’ Degree in Business or a related discipline ACIB will be advantage Working Knowledge of financial software and spreadsheets
- Formulate and recommend operating policies, procedures and strategies to ensure effective service delivery and attainment of business goals.
- Manage the credit portfolio and the entire credit cycle in aggregate which comprises the following:
- Product planning
- Credit initiation
- Account management
- Collection and recoveries
- Fraud management
- Provide technical advice on lending to the bank
- Review and recommend loan applications for approval
- Undertake field visits and follow up on loans
- Ensure overall loan recovery
- Manage and ensure the good health of the entire loan portfolio. This will include classification of loans and any other such measure that will protect the good health of the loan portfolio
- Prepare budgets for the Credit department
- Monitor all branches on all lending-related issues
- Conduct spot checks on loan files weekly/monthly and ensure they are adequately maintained by credit officers
- Prepare weekly/monthly monitoring schedules, monitoring and recovery reports to the CEO and ensure that they are updated at all times
- Ensure that loan officers keep their loan portfolio reports updated
- Responsible for the update of the lending policy manual
- Provide advice and support to branch managers and credit officers on lending business
- Provide training to subordinates, credit officers at branches and customers as the case may be
- Ensure that new products are developed to meet the needs of customers Contribute to the development of the strategic business plan and budget and monitor performance reviews in terms of service delivery
- Manage all operational risks for Business continuity.
- Develop and review procedural manuals for business processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage resource allocation including staff to meet business requirements
- Develop and implement new business processes to improve upon service delivery
- Manage service providers/strategic alliances as agreed by the Bank
- Manage and submit periodic business intelligence reports for management decision making
- Ensure that the Bank's financial viability and cost structure relating to the operations function are regularly analyzed and appropriate measures taken e Banks operations and services provided
- Establish and maintain contingency plans for operations
- Ensure board decisions on the executive and senior management team with respect to the operations function are promptly implemented.
- Be accountable for the aggregate plan and delivery of systems, operations, properties & maintenance and the general operating model of the Bank.
- Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working.
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at the Board level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensure that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from Board.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximise value for money.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting of business requirements and decision making process.
Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders and regulatory bodies