Duty Manager (Hospitality Industry)
5 - 10 Years
Other Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field or MBA Minimum five (5) years in Front Office Supervisory Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment English – excellent oral and written skills
- Ensures the smooth running of the operations on a day to day basis and in a proactive manner.
- Ensures that as per Kempinski Health & Safety Policy the Fire Exits are free of obstacles.
- Support and assist all Front Office sections.
- Ensures that all guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition and resolves related problems.
- Inform and coordinate with other operating departments e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales and Butlers of Front Office matters which may concern them.
- Check all correspondence of the day’s arrivals to familiarize with arrived and arriving guests and their needs, follows up as required.
- Control room availability for walk-ins and established accountability for guest’s departure dates and times.
- Follow up with Housekeeping any unresolved room discrepancies.
- Maintain reservation procedures, same-day arrivals.
- Check all arrivals folios, follows up on credit standing of walk-in guests and validity of account to company instructions.
- Check all billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy. Follow up and resolve
- related issues.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance, and posture for all departmental employees.
- Ensures that all departmental information is kept accurate and up to date.
- Promotes in house sales and facilities to maximize hotel revenues.
- Understand and carries out duties in line with Hotel Emergency Procedures.
- Inspects Front and Back of the house for cleanliness, Health & Safety and reports any faults to concerned departments.
- Inspects guestrooms daily.
- Coordinates/Assists security personnel in all related matters.
- Responds promptly to any operational requests from Front Office and other hotel departments.
- Attends to referred and unsolved problematic situations.
- Coordinates and assists with accommodation and transportation of guests in overbooked situations.
- Completes VIP, delegations, and group leaders welcome and farewell as appropriate.
- Conduct efficient hand-over with coming Manager.