Fitness Center Manager
Our client, a young health and fitness company with growth potential serving the lower to middle class populations with on-site gym services and products as well as offsite/remote services and products is seeking a manager.
The ideal candidate will oversee and maintain the facility and equipment within the fitness center. S(he) is also responsible for enrolling members and ensuring members can enjoy their workout sessions in a safe and comfortable environment.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the Fitness Center including but not limited to opening and preparation, budgeting, enforcement of policies, procedures and standards, locker room, etc.
- Set goals, targets and related plans to achieve stated goals.
- Ensure achievement of performance targets.
- Business development and growth of the fitness center.
- Manage and supervise fitness center staff including hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly company performance of the gym financially and otherwise.
- Oversee the use, care, operation, maintenance, and record-keeping of all fitness equipment.
- Manage and maintain patron usage records.
- Provide support for athletic events as needed.
- Comply with all standards, policies and guidelines of the Fitness Center.
- Provide excellent service through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Source products for sale through the gym and online platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or sports management is preferred.
- 3 years or more years in a management role is preferred.
- A background in athletics, sports, sports management and/or business management with gym/fitness center experience is preferred.