Manager Accountant Information
5 - 10 Years
First Degree in Accounting & Finance
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Preparation of financial budget, forecasting and processing improvement initiatives.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases (both manual and computerized systems) with the aim of providing evidence of accurate and dependable accounting information at all times.
- Ensures an accurate and timely weekly, monthly, quarterly BOG returns are completed
- Preparation and filing of Monthly statutory returns ie VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE, SSNIT and other regulatory requirements
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 1ST Degree in Accounting
- 5 years or more experience as an Accountant