Manufacturing Engineer Information
LOCATION: Torgorme, Volta Region
Category: Occupational Health & Safety
Our client, an international cement manufacturing company is looking to hire a Quarry Manager to help control and oversee its operations.
The successful candidate will plan, control and coordinate all quarry operations which includes extraction, processing and transportation. He/she will ensure that these processes run smoothly according to health and safety standards.
- Ensure that the company’s Health & Safety policy is implemented throughout the site.
- Ensure that all staff have a good level of understanding of safety rules and control their implementation.
- Undertake regular site inspection and risk assessments.
- Ensure that the company environment policy is implemented throughout the site.
- Develop good relationship with local communities and organizations.
- Ensure that our CSR action plan is implemented and the ongoing rehabilitation plan as well.
- Recruit, train and manage staff.
- Deal with any technical or staffing challenges that arises.
- Examine the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained in accordance with quality specifications and mining plan guidelines.
- Do topographical survey on a regular basis.
- Closely monitor all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Check that all vehicles on site are maintained to a good standard.
- Liaise with the heavy-duty service contractor to respect the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with transport contractors and plant production team in Tema to maintain a sufficient level of stock at the plant.
- Provide the cost accounting team with information and statistics on the quarry’s performances.