Manufacturing Engineering Information
More than 10 years
Knowledge: Minimum of a degree in Engineering, Operations and Project Management Must have ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification Experience: Minimum of 12 years’ combined experience in Process, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with at least 5 years of leadership or managerial experience Skills and Abilities: Lean manufacturing concepts/Kaizen/Theory of Constraints Material Time Management Food Safety Standards is desired Multi-tasking capability Must have production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation skills Problem solving ability Must have excellent negotiation skills Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction Must have strong leadership and team building skills Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems the capacity to grasp concepts easily ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time the ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines the ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
The jobholder is responsible for managing the administration and manufacturing operations including assembly and overall plant maintenance to maximize profits for shareholders.
- Provide strategic oversight for all activities of the company including Sales & Marketing
- Create a performance matrix for all managers
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the production function in the factory.
- Responsible for participating in and practicing the continuous pursuit of excellence through lean manufacturing/sig sigma.
- Validate implemented manufacturing process improvements to ensure desired results and sustainability.
- Establish and implement improvements for cost reduction, quality assurance and production in general.
- Oversee sourcing of raw materials
- Direct and assist with developmental or experimental production activities.
- Arrange and coordinates employee involvement in addressing problem areas of production equipment by utilizing problem-solving tools and skills.
- Provide administration and supervision of the factory preventative maintenance function. Establishes and implements predictive and corrective maintenance practices relating to production equipment.
- Coordinate activities with engineering and quality assurance.
- Perform those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including budgetary administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organizational goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the company.
- Approve weekly timecards/ schedule.
- Manage plant projects.
- Conduct safety meetings with plant employees