Health & Safety Officer
Manufacturing Engineering Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
Project Management Jobs
HND or Degree in Science. Experience in a similar role in a manufacturing company will be an advantage.
- Ensures that all Safety and Environmental care incidents/ accidents are investigated thoroughly and recommendations implemented on time
- Liaises with all the respective departments and functions to identify and effectively implement waste and energy reduction programs
- Evaluates and monitor Safety and environmental hazards arising from factory operations and put in place adequate actions to mitigate the consequences.
- Periodically implement emergency fire drills to determine preparedness and communicates learning to all staff.
- Plans and liaise with Stores and Warehouse Managers to ensure storage conditions and status of chemicals are satisfactory.
- Organize regular Safety programmes including SHE meetings, Departmental inspections/audits, hazard spotting, safe act visits, Housekeeping to generate greater awareness among management and staff as well as third party partners.
- Ensure that all new entrants - employees, contractors, suppliers and visitors are made aware of the relevant SHE rules and regulations in the factory before engaging in any business with the company.
- Liaise with the Group SHE Manager to organize SHE Training programs for staff and Managers