Manufacturing Engineering Information
A Ghanaian-Owned animal feed manufacturing company seeks an Industrial Electrician for its factory in Kumasi. The ideal employee will perform a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in the factory and surrounding areas. Their work may involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components. S/he must have extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes. The job requires good working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Installs and repairs electrical equipment and parts, wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings (ex: motors and control panels).
- Understanding and making decisions based on technical documents, such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.