Manufacturing Engineering Information
A Ghanaian-owned animal feed company located in Kumasi seeks a dynamic and experienced Manufacturing Engineer for its factory.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for operating the factory’s PLC-based manufacturing control system and work in a team with plant management and staff to ensure a smooth and efficient manufacturing process and timely delivery of the finished product that meets the company’s high standards.
- Coordinates the activities of the maintenance, tooling, and engineering departments, facilitating efficient manufacturing operations across the organization.
- Collaborates with manufacturing supervisors to set and assess priorities across teams.
- Works with a team to respond to breakdowns, assist with factory equipment repairs, investigate production problems and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program and system for plant machinery.
- Assesses cost-effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Provides guidance and oversight in the development and execution of plant renovations and expansions; coordinates outside contractors and vendors.
- Assists the Production Supervisor and/or other appropriate leadership with programs, activities, and responsibilities of the manufacturing department and process.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.