Director Of Marketing & Communications
Marketing Manager Information
More than 10 years
More than GH¢10,000.00
Higher degree of business management. MBA or a masters’ degree with a specialization in Marketing, Sales,Leadership or Strategy will be preferred.
Strategy & Leadership
- Play an active role in the Executive Committee team of the institution to ensure the institution achieves continued success for students and meets the future needs of all stakeholders associated with the institution
- Establish trust and credibility with staff across the College, and external stakeholders including the local business community
- Attend corporation meetings and represent the College at external events, as required
- Be line manager for the Marketing Manager(s), Creative Manager(s), Social Media team and other team members who will join the Marketing team in due course of time
Marketing team management
- Prepare Marketing budgets for the institution in consultation with the Marketing managers and other subordinate managers reporting to the Director of Admissions & Marketing
- Ensure that Marketing plans are in alignment with the institutional brand building objectives, i.e., to position the institution as a leading technology and engineering education institution in Africa
- Review and approve the marketing plans, marketing collateral, digital assets of the institution and ensure that internal teams and/or vendors are aligned with the plans and execute according to the plan
- Review and approve digital marketing plans, and fine-tune the social media marketing spend for the institution to achieve targets with respect to enquiries generates and impressions generates on the website and other online properties of the institution
PR Strategy implementation
- Oversee the preparation of the PR plan for the institution and engage with necessary PR agencies and vendors to achieve PR communication objectives of the institution
- Manage all outreach programmes and measure effectiveness of every marketing initiative of the institution
- Ensure that all communication channels including, but not limited to, the website, brochures, collateral, email marketing campaigns, social media channels accurately represent the institution’s values and mission
- Identify strategies to help communicate the institution’s brand to external stakeholders
- Track and monitor the implementation of the marketing plan and brand building activities for the institution
- Engage with other stakeholders for the institution’s growth, including but not limited to, corporates, foundations, governmental agencies, NGOs etc. Prepare proposals to submit to these stakeholders in alignment with the institutional objectives for partnerships, tie-ups and joint initiatives
- Identify potential partners in various areas, including but not limited to, academics, extra-curricular activities, joint-marketing and branding initiatives
- Initiate and maintain relationships with partner schools and school principals in the region
Qualifications and requirements
- The College is looking for an experienced marketing or strategy professional with experience of having led projects to achieve organizational objectives. The person should have led teams in the past and should ideally have ten (10+) years of work experience.
- Past experience of having led Marketing, and/or Business development for an organization or a business unit is preferred. The ideal candidate is somebody who has corporate experience with a creative bent of mind.
- Higher degree of business management. MBA or a masters’ degree with a specialization in Marketing, Sales,Leadership or Strategy will be preferred.
- Work experience in the education sector will be preferred, however is not a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with an ability to focus, co-ordinate and synthesize data and information, produce concise, well written reports which are suitable for a variety of audiences and make sound decisions based on information, to deliver effective results.
- Experience of working with external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of duties in relation to confidentiality, integrity, ethical values, equality, diversity and social responsibility reflecting the College’s values.
- Demonstrable commitment to customer service with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to think quickly under pressure with an aptitude for spotting and developing solutions.
Kojo Thompson Road