Heavy Duty Mechanic
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Information
Mechanical Engineer Jobs
3 - 5 Years
High School/Senior Secondary School
Certification and Education • High School Certificate and Associate Certificate in General Education, • Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required • Experience in any of the machines such as (XCMG, SINOTRUK, CAT, SANY, KOMATSU, SHANTUI, SDLG, and LUIGONG) is preferable. • Diesel mechanic, Automotive, Truck, and Hydraulics expert experience • Valid Heavy Duty Mechanic provincial certificate, (Optional). • Vocational Training of a minimum of 2 years
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Maintain and repair equipment and trucks.
- Ability to read and understand equipment repair/service manuals
- Diagnose and repair equipment deficiencies
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic, electro-mechanical systems, and power trains.
- Work with other teams and groups to develop consistent operating procedures and identify improvements
- Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak seasons
- Routine servicing and preventative maintenance inspections
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics and apprentices within the shop and field environment
- Maintain cleanliness in areas of work
- Follow the direction of the Fleet Supervisor/Manager
- General Mechanic/Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Ability to work offsite as allocated during transfer.
- Repair knowledge in heavy-duty machines, e.g. excavators, bulldozers, mobile truck crane
- Maintenance ability to manage multiple priorities
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose machinery with components including hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train.
- Perform servicing on machinery including fluid checks, sample pulling, oil, and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points
- Air brake experience
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment, and work areas in accordance with company policies
- Cleanliness and powered tools safety knowledge.