Warranty Officer (Heavy Machinery)
Mechanical Engineer Information
Job Title : WARRANTY OFFICER- WO
reportinG to : SERVICE MANAGER (SM)
INDUSTRY: HEAVY MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
Have a clear vision on the current position of the Service Department (SD) business, the goals to achieve and the strategy to follow, including short and long-term action plans for the department.
Overall responsibility for the following up of warranty claims, their administration and reward.
You are responsible for both the warranty claims across all brands and the completion of Arrival Inspections, Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) and Commissioning reports for all equipment.
Contribution to the development of procedures and systems within the warranty and Inspection process will be essential.
Strictly adhere to legal and statutory requirements related to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Support to the Service Department
- Working closely with the Service Manager:
- Implement the technical warranty reports on to the system.
- Ensure that all the reporting is completed within the mandated timeframes.
- Liaise with the service Manager and Service Co-ordinator to ensure any product improvement or part re-calls are carried out effectively.
- Liaise with the OEM’s ensuring you are conversant with all warranty coverage and procedures for all of the brands:
- Know the basic warranty details for each type of machine based on manufacturer.
- Ensure product improvement measures are identified early and planned with the Service team to be conducted in a timely manner.
Overall responsibility for the Warranty Procedure, its improvements and modifications as well as development of procedures and appendices for new brands coming on line.
- Support the Company’s vision “To become THE ONE, the most valuable brand for machinery solutions in Africa” by contributing continuously to a Customer-Value and a Customer-Care driven culture.
- Live the Company’s values in all-internal and external activities and relations.
- Interact with members of the Aftersales Team and with employees in a constructive, productive and unselfish way that supports the development of synergies and the result of the Company.
- Ensure all warranty expiration data is logged on Salesforce by machine and is updated on a regularly in line with sales and commissioning reports.
- Keep track of all mandatory and optional equipment modifications by manufacturer and ensure that completion is arranged with the Service Manager and all claims are logged and invoiced accordingly.
- Ensure all warranty claims are monitored and any issues raised directly with the Service Manager.
- Record all arrival inspections, PDI’s and delivery reports with the relevant manufacturer and log all costs associated with them for internal revenue adjustments.
- Keep all warranty procedures and documentation up to date and in line with current practice.
- Actively pursue customer satisfaction data and modify strategy to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all SOPs and Company Directives are carried out.
- Maintain a good relationship with customers.
- Liaise with the OEMs to obtain their maximum support.
- Ensure replacement parts are recorded, tagged and stored in the warranty storage room.
- Should posses either and HND in Mechanical Engineering and a degree in Mechanical Engineering from KNUST
- At least three years’ experience as a Warranty Officer in a Heavy Machinery and Equipment Company.